POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Animation : Re: Animation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation
From: Ken
Date: 2 Nov 1999 03:34:45
Message: <381EA144.2CE061E0@pacbell.net>
omniVERSE wrote:

> I say again, I think DTA32 will do it even though I haven't checked.  All
> you'd need do is append each frame as a post command via the INI file and
> delete the frame after that.  A batch file would be needed also, use it to
> set up DTA for the input with required parameters.  I may want to give DTA32
> a try again myself just to see if this works.

  IF it would work, and I'm not saying it will, I can only imagine
the amount of time overhead it would add to a long animation rendering
session. While disk space is still at a premium for some people it is
not nearly so for as many as it used to be. There is also the issue of
which command line parameters to use for the best results. Personaly
when I compile my animations I like to try different features like
frame averaging and specifying different frame speeds to optimize the
final animation to my liking. If you have it done automaticaly for you
there is a risk that the final animation will not be what you want
it to be and all of your render time is wasted with no recourse for
correction.

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: